ARiES Energy Recommendations
Lisa New, Interim Executive Director, Knoxville Zoo
- "I met Harvey Abouelata in the Knoxville Zoo's quest to launch an impactful sustainability program. Recycling is great and important, but we wanted to energize the staff and community while reducing our utilities with a big initiative. Aries Energy brought creative ideas to help us achieve our goals. They did quality work very quickly to install a 50KW solar array. But more than that, Harvey and his team believe in the zoo's efforts to conserve wild animals and wild places by reducing our carbon footprint. They embraced our mission and have become true partners on our path to becoming a greener Knoxville Zoo"
Kimberly S. Greene, Executive Vice President and Chief Generation Officer, Tennessee Valley Authority
“Harvey is a creative thinker who is willing to bring both new and forward-thinking ideas to the table. He has a real passion for his work and wants all of the participants in his projects to be successful.”
Ted Wampler, Jr., President, Wampler's Farm Sausage
- "From our first small solar project to our CHyP system and Energy Independence, Harvey has been our partner every step of the way. Harvey and his team have made what seems impossible, possible. He has been the person that brought us our best projects after he won our first look into green energy. Now, Harvey has become the first person we go to on any energy project we even consider."
Cortney Piper, Principal, Piper Communications
- “Harvey and his team at ARiES Energy are fantastic innovators and outspoken champions of the renewable energy sector. People I've known that work with Harvey and his team can't say enough good things about their ability to find solutions for any renewable energy project.”
Tom Leonard, Director, Sevier Solid Waste, Inc.
"Harvey and the whole Aries staff have been great to work with. If I need anything all I have to do is ask and they will make it happen. Harvey's ability to convey the message about the CHyP system has really helped in presentations to our board. His passion for renewable energy projects comes through in every presentation and has really helped to sell this project."
Bobby Hicks, PMP, Project Manager, ALSTOM Power
“I recently have had the pleasure of working with ARiES Energy on the design and installation of a 56kW solar installation at the Alstom, Chattanooga business unit. ARiES Energy was chosen among six companies to assist with making our solar project a reality. In particular, Harvey Abouelata, Patrick West and Mary Shaffer Gill worked tirelessly to identify all possibilities for grants for our project, and worked in an extremely tight time frame (due to availability of certain grants) to design an amazing solar structure and manage all subcontractors to ensure the project was completed on time and at the highest level of quality. Without ARiES Energy and the work completed towards receipt of grants, Alstom Chattanooga’s solar project simply would not have happened. I highly recommend Harvey and his team for any energy related solution.”
Randy DeBord, Developer, DeBord Family Partnership
I have been working with Harvey as he has built his career in the Solar PV industry. I have always been happy with the work that he has done at Aries and at his previous companies. The key difference to me is that he is very committed to his word. In fact, I was one of the people that turned down his offer to provide our company with a Solar PV for over two years. At first it seemed too good to be true but after I saw the results of Wampler's Farm unit I changed my mind. The only mistake I made is that I missed the best opportunities for grant funding because I was not a believer and delayed my decision to move forward earlier. That being said, I can now tell you through experience that the solar production will often be higher than McFarland Pharmacy's monthly consumption. In the 8 months that I was able to employ our system it saved McFarland $7,600.00. In an economy like this I am happy we did it. If you are interested in the benefits of solar energy you may want to act now since the funding gets less and the competition for the same funds get greater each year.
This year I will be installing our second PV unit in the historic downtown Morristown, TN. It is a great feeling to be able to preserve our beautify, historic downtown area while bringing it up-to-date by a full century. I look forward to experiencing the new system because the systems are getting more efficient each year. I am even more excited about being able to do my part in saving valuable American resources at the same time that I am reducing our demand for foreign fuel sources
Richard Gardner, Course Editor, Small Pros Legal and Ethics"ARiES Energy stands apart from its competitors. Here’s why:
• Focus on Cost-Effectiveness
• Wide Variety of Renewable Energy Solutions
• Professionalism • Experience
• Expert Judgment
A few years ago, when solar PV became popular, renewable energy contractors seemed to come out of the woodwork. Their sales people were told to get out there and “find those early adopters,” willing to take a gamble on photovoltaic power. (This became a source of amusement for people like my buddy Ted Hall, who’s been living off the grid for 30 years.) The resurgence of interest in solar PV has been fueled by lower costs for components, rising electricity prices, government incentives, concerns about the environment and proven, large-scale success. Germany, (which has roughly the same potential for solar generation as Alaska), recently set a record solar output of 22,000 megawatts. That’s double the amount of power Doc Brown needed to send Marty McFly Back to the Future. In May, 2012, Germany had a sunny day when 40% of the country’s electrical power was being supplied by the sun. Wherever you stand on nuclear power, mountaintop mining or deep well drilling, the Germans have demonstrated that solar PV is a viable source of energy. The technology is efficient, the costs are acceptable and return on investment is assured. So if you can’t put the letters “PEA,” after your name (photovoltaic early adopter), that’s okay; it just means you have more options to choose from. If you’d like, ARiES can issue a press release and throw a party when your new system is complete. But what kind of system do you need?
- That’s where the five bullet points above come into focus:
• Cost-Effective- Renewable energy shouldn’t be a fashion accessory. ARiES can give you a detailed estimate of your return on investment.
• Wide Variety- Solar PV is not the answer to every energy question. ARiES solutions include CHvP (hydrogen from biomass,) solar thermal, and geothermal.
• Professionalism- Project management is what ARiES does. They’ll help outline the deliverables, define the scope and keep you informed throughout execution. Most importantly, they’ll make sure you’re satisfied when the job is complete.
• Experience- The staff at ARiES has been involved in many of the largest (and smallest) successful projects in East Tennessee.
• Expert Judgment- In the project management world, Expert Judgment is the most important—and sometimes the only—tool specified in many key areas of planning and execution. It’s the difference between a project that follows the plan and one that takes on a life of its own. I’ve worked with or competed against the entire staff of ARiES Energy. We’ve served on committees, delivered presentations to professional organizations and worked hard to build a foundation for the future of renewable energy. I think we’re all proud of our community activism, as well as the efforts of our friendly competitors. Collectively the ARiES Energy team also has the most impressive portfolio of successful projects in East Tennessee.
- They deliver what they promise."
Susan DeVico, President, SD Communications
“Harvey is a superb marketing communications professional -- and one of the finest and most dedicated individuals I've ever worked with during my career. It is wonderful working with Harvey on the mission to make solar a mainstream energy solution! Harvey's expertise, energy, and commitment to doing great work come shining through in everything he does.”
Gil Melear-Hough , President of the Board, TenneSEIA, Tennessee Solar Energy Industries Association
“Harvey is one of the leading professional in the solar industry for the State of Tennessee and beyond. He is hard working, but more important he is a deal maker who is able to think outside the box to make things happen. He does not just get a good percentage of the available jobs, but he is able to actually grow the market by creative thinking and is able to see not just what is possible today, but what can be possible. He is the kind of leader that is critical to growing our cutting edge clean energy business into a major industry for the state and the region.”
Katie Granju, Freelance Consultant, Social Media Strategy
“Harvey's genuine passion for the work he does on behalf of his clients is reflected in the results he achieves. As he has been with so many issues, Harvey is ahead of the curve when it comes to understanding the emerging sustainable energy marketplace. He's already an expert in an area that so many people are just beginning to explore. I'm a big fan of Harvey's, and I recommend him as a smart, thoughtful, visionary thinker for projects of all kinds.”
Warren Nevad, Management Consultant, University of Tennessee MTAS
“Harvey has become a tremendous asset to the solar industry in Tennessee. His superior work ethic and zest for clean energy separates him from other industry professionals. He has become an excellent ambassador for the Tennessee Renewable Energy & Economic development Council (TREEDC), a statewide economic development organization of local elected officials and businesses who are collaborating together to fast track renewables such as solar to Tennessee. Harvey brings solutions and a "can do" attitude for solar energy development in Tennessee. The University of Tennessee and TREEDC enjoy working with him.”
Samuel Weaver, President, Proton Power
“Harvey has a great personal touch in bringing potential customers to our business. He has good insight regarding how a product fits with potential customers. Harvey is energetic, punctual and has great suggestions.”
John Edd Wampler, President, Family Brands International
“Harvey: It was John Heywood who said "Many hands make light work." The dictionary defines that quote as "Large tasks become small when divided among several people." If someone wants to really have firsthand experience with what that means, they need only to have your team assist them with the grant applications, permits, design, construction and everything your team does to make a green energy product a reality. Your hard work made my work easy! Thanks John Edd”
Teri Brahams, Executive Director-Bus & Comm Services, Pellissippi State
“Harvey has done a masterful job of helping companies obtain grant funding to assist with solar installations at their site. He understands the opportunities, how to seek them and how to prepare them and has been very successful. I would highly recommend anyone interested in installing solar to talk with him. It will be well worth your time.”
Connect with Aries Energy
Talks and Presentations
- TREEDC Tennessee Tech July 2012, "Wampler's Farm Sausage journey to energy independence"